We Need You!
Volunteers are a vital link within our organization and communities, helping to accomplish our mission, vision, and goals. Our volunteers really make a difference in the lives of our cancer patients and form life-long friendships with patients and other volunteers.
What kind of skills can you bring to our volunteer team?
Our biggest need right now is DRIVERS. We are in need of people who are willing to drive cancer patients to their treatment appointments. This is a commitment that is flexible to what you are able to do. Once per month, twice per month, or more. We provide gas cards to compensate for your fuel. We need drivers from all parts of our service areas (Council, Cambridge, Weiser, Payette, Fruitland, Ontario, Vale, and surrounding areas).
If you have time and talent and have an interest in making a difference in your community, consider becoming a volunteer.
Give us a call at 208-414-9464 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Volunteers can help in the following areas...
- Serve as a driver for our Wheels To Recovery program to provide patient transport.
- Make Prayer Blankets for patients and family.
- Prepare and deliver meals for an organized meal train.
- Sew cloth masks to be given to cancer patients.
- Volunteer time to our housecleaning service for cancer patients
- Advocate for Health, Wellness, Care and Compassion.
- Help our outreach efforts at community health fairs, chamber luncheons, and fundraising events.
- Assist in our promotion through public relations and social media.
- Help with special events by joining a committee or bringing your creative ideas and energy to the team.
- Assist in the development of programs and services.
- Offer your time and skills in areas of technical assistance.
- Assist with a fundraiser or consider hosting one!
- Help with setting up and breaking down large events.
- Help us out as a translator for the Spanish speaking cancer patients.
- Bring to us your skills, love, and compassion to help fulfill our mission, visions and goals.